|CALENDAR OF EVENTS
|ONLINE BILL PAYMENT
There will be a Special One Item Agenda Meeting for City Council held on Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. at the Margaret Way Building located at 23 N. Polk Ave., Arcadia, FL 34266.
There will be a Budget Workshop held on Tuesday, August 12, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. at the Margaret Way Building located at 23 N. Polk Ave., Arcadia, FL 34266.
City Council meets Tuesday, August 5, 2014, at 6:00 p.m. at the Margaret Way Building located at 23 North Polk Ave., Arcadia, FL 34266
Bid Opening Public Meeting for Bridle Path Project
The City will hold a public meeting 7/8/14 at the Margaret Way Building to open all sealed bids for the Bridle Path Project that ends July 8, 2014 at 1:00. All bids will be opened publicly and read aloud following reciept at 1:15 P.M at 23 N. Polk Ave. Arcadia, Fl 34266 read more»
Arcadia Airport Advisory Committee meets Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. at the Margaret Way Building located at 23 North Polk Ave., Arcadia, FL 34266
DESOTO COUNTY LONG TERM RECOVERY PLAN
PLEASE FOLLOW LINK BELOW TO MANY DOCUMENTS THAT MAY PERTAIN TO THE CITY'S RECOVERY FOLLOWING 2004 HURRICANES read more»
THANK A CITY EMPLOYEE FOR THEIR SERVICE
Has a City Employee provided exceptional service to you? If so please fill out the form using the following link and mail to 23 N. Polk Ave, Arcadia, FL 34266 Attn: Personnel Department
CITY CODE OF ORDINANCES
City of Arcadia Code now online and searchable read more»
ATTENTION ALL VENDORS
ATTENTION ALL VENDORS: The City of Arcadia requires a purchase order for the purchase of all supplies and services prior to ordering. Any purchases made without a purchase order are not the responsibility of the City of Arcadia. read more»
Accepting Applications for Committee Memberships
We're looking for a few good Men & Women! read more»
The City Administrator administers and oversees daily operations of the City. The City Administrator executes and implements public policy as created by the City Council; makes reports and recommendations to the Council; ensures that all City
ordinances and resolutions are implemented and enforced.
The City Administrator oversees all departments and staff, providing leadership, general guidance and management to City Departments and executes policy set forth by the City Council. Drafts and implements the annual budget, fosters and promotes economic development, and provides City Council with professional advice on matters of policy.
The Director of Finance is the chief financial official of the City, reports to the City
Administrator, and is responsible in the following areas:
- Central accounting
- Budget preparation and monitoring
- Safe guarding and investment of all public funds
- Financial advice to the City Council and staff
- Preparation of all financial reports
- Administration of insurance benefits and retirement plans
- Any other tasks as assigned by the City Manager
All city equipment and vehicles are maintained by the City garage. The hours of operation for the garage are 7 AM – 4:30 PM with one on-call person for after hour equipment problems. We utilize one lead mechanic, one welder, two post-maintenance personnel, and one clerk.
Parks and Recreation
The City of Arcadia Parks and Recreation Department is an all inclusive department responsible for the maintenance, repair and enhancement of all Parks, Recreation Facilities, Cemetery (225+ acres) for the City of Arcadia.
There are many amenities at our parks to keep all our residents active throughout the year.
- Lake Katherine, home of the T-33 Aircraft on loan from the National Museum of the United States Air Force since 1963. Amenities include picnic area's, benches around the lake, a tot lot, exercise stations and a cement walking path along the beautiful lake surrounded by lovely Cyprus trees off Hwy 70E.
- The Tree of Knowledge set in Beautiful Downtown Arcadia offers public restrooms, a pavilion for concerts or events, a picnic area and wrought iron benches set under the old oak tree, a nice place to sit and visit, read or have lunch.
- Lewis Anderson Park/Smith-Brown Recreation located on Martin Luther King BLVD set amongst beautiful Australian pine trees and a variety of Oak trees offer the following amenities public restrooms, barbecue grills, picnic tables, a playground/tot lot, benches,
two basket ball courts, one softball field and a walking path located behind the playground. The Smith-Brown Gym is open to the public Monday-Friday 4:30-7:30pm and Saturday 9 am-4 pm.
- North Arcadia Avenue Complex located on North Arcadia Avenue amenities include one girl's softball field with concession/restrooms, two adult softball fields,
two basket ball courts, one volleyball court, a pavilion with picnic tables and barbecue grills, Jim Space wooden playground, benches, public restrooms, open spaces for badminton and soccer in the field.
- McSwain Park located on the corner of Magnolia and Oak behind the Chamber of Commerce amenities include benches and picnic tables surrounded by a lovely garden, a shuffleboard court and a large open area for special events.
- Speer Center Complex/Recreation Center located at 185 W. Winifred St. offers the following amenities:
two girl's softball fields with concession, public restrooms, four tennis courts, Storybook park/playground and open areas for picnics and parties. The Recreation center may be rented out for parties, weddings etc.
The airport is city owned and operated by Air-cadia.
Mobile Home Park
The City's Systems Department performs all maintenance and repair tasks associated with the water and wastewater systems, as well as meter reading and meter repairs. We are also responsible for the installation of any new connections to the water or wastewater lines.
The Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) is staffed by four certified operators, one mechanic and one apprentice. The plant treats between 800,000 and 2,000,000 gals of wastewater per day depending on the season; and operates 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year. There is always a certified operator on shift and we typically operate from 7 AM – 11 PM. Lift stations are also maintained by the WWTP staff.
All wastewater is treated to DEP standards and sent back out as reclaimed water for the City golf course, ball fields, cemetery, private groves and a few residential customers.
The City of Arcadia Water Treatment Plant, located at 645 N. Turner Ave., is a class B Lime Softening Plant built in 1967. The plant operates 16 hours a day, 365 days a year from 8 AM to 12 AM. Our permitted operating capacity of the plant is 3,000,000 gallons per day. We are currently producing an average of 870,000 gallons per day.
The goal of the WTP is to provide a safe and dependable supply of drinking water. Our water source is ground water from wells that draw from an intermediate aquifer; and the primary treatment of this water source is stabilization, disinfection and filtration. Disinfection is accomplished by the use of chloramines, a chlorine ammonia solution injected during the treatment process to kill any bacteria that may be present. The treated water is then filtered into the clear well and pumped into the distribution system and storage facilities.
||Documents on this site are in Adobe
Acrobat PDF format and require the free Adobe Reader to view.
If you don't have Adobe Reader already, you can Download
it by clicking here.